This past weekend I went on a trip/retreat to relax and enjoy family at a beautiful home on the waterfront.
It got me to thinking about how I've designed the lifestyle I want.
Many people say they want a certain type of lifestyle, but they are not doing the right things to achieve it.
So here is a question to think about...
Would you let a complete stranger order a pizza for you? Probably not because they don't know what you like and you probably wouldn't trust them to order the right toppings on your pizza.
While most people won't let a stranger design a pizza for them, they let someone else (usually their Boss) design something much more important... their lives!
Think about it, if your boss controls how you spend your time and how much money you get paid, he/she is basically controlling your life.
So how can you design your lifestyle, here are 5 Tips:
1. Write down (and be very specific) about what you "want"
(I.e. where you want to live, what you want to drive, where you want to vacation, how much money you want to make, etc.)
2. Put a "due date" on the things you want (i.e. I'm going to move into my new home by Nov 1, 2021). People take more action when they know a deadline is coming up
3. Take 5 minutes daily to mentally envision having the lifestyle you want. What you think about most is what you attract
4. Learn a new skill (i.e. like stock investing/trading) that will bring you "passive income" outside of your job...the more you can make outside of your job...the more you begin to control your time and money.
5. Find/Hire a coach or mentor who has the lifestyle you want who can help you create "specific actions" to obtain what you want... dont go it alone, anyone who has done anything significant has had help doing it!