What's going on?
Why are so many people quitting their jobs?
15 years ago I quit my $100,000 A Year Corporate Job and never looked back.
I quit because I was becoming "miserable". Even though...
...I wasn't passionate about what I was doing, there was no inner fulfillment and I knew I could do what I was passionate about, make 6 figures and be my own BOSS and I was right!!! Event wrote a book about it titled, "How I Quit My $100,000 A Year Job" (Click HERE to get Online Access)
and was featured in The Washington Post.
There is no better feeling than getting up every morning doing what you love, having an opportunity to make an unlimited amount of money and be your own BOSS...know I'm "Unemployable", meaning there is no job I'm willing to take, why would I, I'm the BOSS and I love it!!
But, and it's a big but...it was NOT EASY!
So knowing what I know now, here are 12 Tips for Quitting Your Job and becoming "Unemployable"
1. Find a "PARTNER" to go on this journey with you! Entrepreneurism is a very lonely road to travel, especially when all your friends have jobs and are getting a paycheck every 2 weeks, they won't understand what you are going thru, so you need someone who is going to quit their job and be a fulltime entrepreneur like you.
2. Make a commitment with your PARTNER that you will NOT QUIT!!! Persistence, tenacity, ability to fail and keep going are all characteristics that successful entrepreneurs possess.
3. Calculate how much money you currently have (add up all checking, savings, investment, 401k, etc.), you may need to tap into it in the months to come
4. Identify all the resources you have ...(memberships to organizations, access to libraries, people, etc that can be of help during your transition to being your own boss)
5. Determine how much money you NEED to pay your monthly expenses (i.e. mortgage or rent, utilities, car note, gas, food, health insurance, etc.)...break the total amount down WEEKLY and DAILY (Example: I need to make $4,000 a month to cover all my expenses, which equals $1,000 a week, which equal $143 a day x 7 days a week)
6. Identify what you are passionate about (Example: Gardening)
7. Identify what product or service you will offer and for what price and how many you need to sell monthly to cover your expenses (Example: Online Course on Gardening/Price $97/Need to sell 10 per week)
8. Create/manufacture your product or service and give it a catchy name...if you have an online educational product (which I highly recommend you start with), you will need a "ALL in One" Online Platform. I recommend a company called, "KAJABI"...check them out at https://app.kajabi.com/r/cJhBnzV7/t/tjrpc6wj
9. Determine how you want to get the word out about your product or service. People think that the phrase, "if you build it, they will come"...meaning many NEW Entrepreneurs believe that just because they created something, people will flock to buy it...this is the furthest from the truth! You have to have a marketing plan
10. Accept and realize you will need to invest money into your business for it to be successful, but that doesn't mean you have to break the bank. Now a days you can start a profitable business with a few hundred to a thousand dollars, if you know what you are doing.
11. Find a Mentor/Coach who has done what you want to do and is willing to mentor/coach you. It makes a HUGE difference when you have someone by your side to just show you what to do step by step
12. Now Go to work! If you were willing to put in 8 hours a day for a job you hate, put in the hours for your passion to make it a success!